Danis Simmins comes to mind.
This could be an interesting thread. One team would be hard to come up with because of all the talent that has went throught the area in the last 20 years. So, let's do a first and second team with bench included along with coaches.
"We're back and better than ever"
Danis Simmins comes to mind.
GO VOLS
doug bates, chad longworth, todd zirkle, j.w. salyers
Israel Hamilton
Jason Sartin
Eric Bevins
Jason Nixon
Thats a few of the best from Coeburn during the past 10-12 years, I'm only 22 so I can't remember to far back.
Hamilton was beast in baseball and football.
Wasnt there a J.W Smith from Kelly that was pretty good. Not for sure of how long its been tho. I think that was his name. I remember hearing tales of him hitting the ball to the Foot ball concession stand.
GO VOLS
I have heard stories of Greg Ringley from Coeburn hitting the ball across Kelly's field house back in '75.
Rodney Collins from Coeburn once put a baseball over Pound's press box and up where the practice fields & tennis courts are now.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I saw the same thing done by Chris Harris who ended up playing for PV...but at the time we were 9th graders playing in the senior league all-star tournament.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks